The following is a guide as to what you can expect from a treatment session. Feel free to click on the links in order to find out more about the various techniques and approaches employed…
- Range of Motion and Postural Analyses: in order to better understand the underlying causal factors involved in the issue.
- WaveStone® Massage: specifically designed ergonomic heated stones are employed to encourage warm blood to the tissue while simultaneously sedating the nervous system.
- Deep Cross Fibre Friction Techniques: including Cyriax and Trigger Pointing – ideal to release any tight spots and adhesions as well as break down excess scar tissue.
- Mobilisations: free up joints, relieve aches and improve the joint’s range of motion.
- Neuromuscular Techniques: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation and Muscle Energy Techniques are used to gently lengthen overly shortened muscles.
- Medical Acupuncture: only if appropriate and with consent. Can relieve pain as well as sedate and release concentrated points of muscle tension.
- Biofreeze® Gel: is applied over the legs and any inflamed areas at the end of the session in order to calm muscle tissue, encourage the elimination of toxins into the Lymphatic System and induce a sense of refreshed rejuvenation.
- Kinesio Tape: an elastic cotton sports tape. This can continue the treatment’s efficacy of tight or weak muscles, postural mis-alignments.
- Afterare Advice: throughout my time as both a therapist and outdoor sports enthusiast I have accumulated a wealth of experience to explain how you can continue the work carried out in clinic in order to gain the optimum health benefits.